Vegetable Barley Soup (+Video) – Cooking With Sapana
The veggie barley soup dish is extremely fast and simple and would make a filling and a healthy supper too. Make this soup on cold winter season nights and take pleasure in a joyous and hearty meal.
Veggie Barley Soup
If you are trying to find a how-to make veggie barley soup utilizing Healthy and Easy Dish, then this is the best location for you. After consuming tasty however definitely unhealthy sweets/mithai on Diwali, we are back with a delicious yet healthy soup dish which is veggie barley soup.
This soup dish is extremely fast and simple and filling and a would make healthy supper too. One unique aspect of this soup dish is that you can include simply any veggie to it, and pack great deals of veggies in your day-to-day diet plan.
Here is one piece of guidance, If you’re not into barley, you can utilize another grain, like farro or wheat berries, or perhaps pasta. Do attempt our dish and let us understand how it ended up for you.
Active ingredients Required to make Barley Soup
- Tomato: Fresh tomatoes includes such fantastic tastes to the soup.
- Celery Sticks: For that additional pungent tastes.
- Veggies: Carrots, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, and mushrooms. Or utilize your preferred veggies.
- Garlic and Onion: Includes a good texture and tastes.
- Pearl barley: Dry pearl barley cleaned and drained pipes.
- Basil leaves Fresh basil leaves for that additional peppery taste.
- Dried basil and Oregano: Includes great tastes to the soup, you can likewise utilize fresh herbs rather.
- Salt, Chilli flakes & Pepper: Spices to boost the tastes.
- Lemon juice: To stabilize the sweet taste of veggies.
How to make Veggie Barley Soup?
Heat oil in a pan and include garlic. Saute for a minute and after that include onions. Stir and include all of the veggies other than spinach leaves.
Mix and include the cleaned and drained pipes barley, salt, basil, and oregano. Stir to integrate the components. Include 6 cups of water and let it prepare on medium heat till barley is soft.
After 20 minutes, open the cover and include spinach leaves. Prepare for 2-3 minutes more. Lastly, include lemon juice and serve warm with more spices if wanted.
Serve the veg barley soup with toasted bread. You may also serve it as it is.
- You may also add cumin and coriander to enhance the flavors of the soup.
- Alternatively, you may also add your favorite vegetables.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried ones to bring out the most of the flavors.
Like Veg Barley Soup, try these recipes…
Looking for more such lunch recipes to get some ideas for your snacking? Do not miss my Grilled Corn Salad and Crispy Tofu Taco and the best one’s Watermelon Pops.
*If you ever try this recipe don’t forget to share your photos with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or tag me on Instagram @cookingwithsapana using the hashtag #cookingwithsapana and stay connected* I would love to see your creations from my space!!
Vegetable Barley Soup
This vegetable barley soup recipe is very quick and easy and would make a filling and a healthy dinner too.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-size onion
- 1 to mato
- 1 celery stick
- 2 carrots medium size
- 7-8 mushrooms
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup pearl barley
- salt to taste
- few fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- black pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste
- 6 cups water
- lemon juice to taste
Heat oil in a pan and add garlic. Saute for a minute and then add onions.
Stir and add all of the vegetables except spinach leaves.
Mix and add the washed and drained barley, salt, basil, and oregano.
Stir to combine the ingredients. Include 6 cups of water and let it cook on medium heat until barley is soft.
After 20 minutes, open the lid and add spinach leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes more.
Finally, add lemon juice and serve warm with more spices if wanted.
- You might likewise add cumin and coriander to enhance the flavors of the soup.
- Alternatively, you might likewise include your favorite vegetables.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried ones to bring out the most of the tastes.
Serving: 1bowlCalories: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 51.4gProtein: 8.4gFat: 4.3gSaturated Fat: 0.6gSodium: 100mgPotassium: 691mgFiber: 12gSugar: 5.4gCalcium: 73mgIron: 3mg
Always let me know how these recipes turned out in the comments below and give a ★ rating. I will be so excited to hear how you enjoyed your Vegetable Barley Soup and please do share your tips and tricks with me.
Don’t forget that you can likewise discover me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.