Vegan Christmas Shortbread Cookies – Cooking With Sapana
Easy and delicious vegan shortbread Christmas cookies are best to attempt this Christmas for your vegan buddies.
Shortbread is standard biscuits made with one part sugar, 2 parts butter, and 3 parts of flour. They are an incredibly popular tea time treat and are frequently make throughout Christmas with different icing designs.
The something that separates any other cookie and shortbread is the latter doesn’t include any leavening representatives like baking soda or baking powder. Shortbread is called so since of the crumbly texture of the cookies.
Vgean Christmas Shortbread Cookies
This dish is extremely simple and would make the most fantastic vegan shortbread cookies. I constantly make a huge batch of these cookies every Christmas for my vegan buddies. Everybody enjoys these cookies be it vegan or non vegans.
If you wish to make routine christmas shortbread cookies then do attempt these.
Active Ingredients Required for Vegan Christmas Cookies
- All-purpose flour: Fresh all-purpose flour.
- Coconut oil: Make certain the coconut oil is not melted. It must be at space temperature level however a little thick.
- Sugar: White granulated sugar.
- Vanilla: For tastes
- Nondairy milk: Usage just if your cookie dough appears dry.
How to make Vegan Shortbread?
Action 1. Make Cookies– In a blending bowl beat coconut oil with sugar. Include flour, vanilla and milk. Make the dough. Chill for thirty minutes. Roll into 1/2” density sheet and utilizing a cookie cutter, cut shapes.
Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. Cool and embellish.
Action 2. Make icing and embellish-Mix all active ingredients in a blending bowl and embellish the cookies.
Serve the cookies with a glass of milk, coffee, or your preferred Christmas beverage. Attempt them with this joyful Christmas punch and take pleasure in.
- Make certain to chill the dough for atleast thirty minutes.
- Keep the coconut oil at space temperature level however ensure it is not melted. It must resemble butter at space temperature level.
- You can embellish the cookies with christmas sprays too.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 ” thickness sheet.
- Cool the cookies completely before icing.
Like Vegan Christmas Cookies, try these recipes…
Looking for more such yummy Christmas recipes to get some ideas for your snacking? Do not miss my Christmas Cake and Christmas Fruit Cupcakes and the best one’s Christmas Shortbread Cookies.
*If you ever try this recipe don’t forget to share your photos with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or tag me on Instagram @cookingwithsapana using the hashtag #cookingwithsapana and stay connected* I would love to see your creations from my space!!
Vegan Chritsmas Shortbread Cookies
Easy and tasty vegan shortbread Christmas cookies are perfect to try this Christmas for your vegan friends.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour +extra for dusting
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk if the dough seems to dry then add
For eggless royal icing
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 teaspoon water
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
In a mixing bowl beat coconut oil with sugar.
Add flour, vanilla and milk. Make the dough.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Roll into 1/2” thickness sheet and using a cookie cutter, cut shapes.
Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes.
Cool and embellish.
- Make sure to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Keep the coconut oil at room temperature but make sure it is not melted. It should be like butter at room temperature.
- You can decorate the cookies with Christmas sprays as well.
- Roll the dough into a 1/2 ” density sheet.
- Cool the cookies entirely prior to icing.
Serving: 3cookiesCalories: 349kcalCarbohydrates: 38.7gProtein: 1gFat: 22.5gSaturated Fat: 19.5gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 9mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 33.9gCalcium: 0.7mg
This post was originally posted in 2014, since then I have updated the pictures and content for better engagement.
Always let me know how these dishes ended up in the remarks listed below and offer a ★ ranking. I will be so fired up to hear how you enjoyed your Vegan Christmas Shortbread Cookies and please do share your suggestions and techniques with me.
Don’t forget that you can likewise discover me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.