Turkey Picadillo Recipe (Ground Turkey Recipe)
Turkey Picadillo is a lighter option to my preferred Cuban beef picadillo dish just much leaner, and made with ground turkey rather.
Maturing in a Latin house, beef picadillo was on supper rotation as a kid. It’s likewise among the very first things I found out how to prepare. It’s a thirty minutes meal, while it cooks I prepare my rice in another pot so whatever is all set at the exact same time. Serve it with a fast slaw for a little level of acidity and supper is all set! My household likes it with beef, however some nights I like to change it up with turkey as a leaner choice. I personally am not a fan of 99% lean turkey, it’s too dry for my taste so I utilize 93% lean ground turkey rather. Leftovers are excellent in tacos, empanadas or quesadillas.
Maturing we enjoyed nights my mother was making picadillo! My buddies constantly wished to consume over on those nights too, they enjoyed this meal! Mother constantly made it with beef, which is scrumptious and I frequently do too. However some nights if I wish to have a lighter choice with less fat I rely on ground turkey, it’s truthfully simply as great!
I understand I have actually made much of you fans of picadillo as I have actually shared it every which method! You’ll see I likewise have a Slow Cooker Picadillo variation made with beef (turkey works too) and an Immediate Pot Picadillo variation. We make this a couple of times a month, it’s Madison’s preferred!
Meal Preparation and Storage
Turkey picadillo an excellent meal to meal preparation! Serve it with your grain of option – wild rice, quinoa, white rice – or cauliflower rice to keep it low carbohydrate. You can cool the leftovers for approximately 4 days or freeze the rest approximately 6 months.
What to serve turkey picadillo with?
- Make it a Bowl! I enjoy it over white or wild rice, with a fast cabbage slaw on the side for level of acidity. In some cases I include some avocado to my plate, depending upon how I cancel my macros.
- Sweet plantains or air fryer tostones are likewise excellent on the side.
- Tostadas – My older child likes to make tostadas with melted cheese utilizing the leftovers. Some nights we even serve them in taco shells.
- Picadillo Stuffed Peppers – Mix it with rice and things it into peppers for scrumptious packed peppers!
- Breakfast Scramble – I have actually even blended the leftovers into my egg scramble and topped it with hot sauce.
- Make a Taco Bell-style mexi melt by including picadillo, cheese and pico de gallo.
More Turkey Recipes You May Enjoy:
- 1.33 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 4 oz tomato sauce, (1/2 can)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 little bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon green Spanish pitted olives, plus 2 tablespoon salt water
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 medium onion, carefully sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon red bell pepper, carefully sliced
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, optional
Brown the ground turkey on medium heat in big sauté pan and season with salt and pepper. Utilize a wood spoon to break the meat up into little pieces.
On the other hand, while turkey is cooking, make the sofrito by slicing onion, garlic, pepper, tomato and cilantro. (I rapidly do it in my mini chopper)
Include sofrito to the meat and continue cooking on a low heat.
Include olives and about 2 tablespoon of the salt water (this includes excellent taste) cumin, bay leaves, and more salt if required.
Include tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of water and blend well.
Decrease heat to low and simmer covered about 15 to 20 minutes to let the tastes blend.
Serving: 1/2 cup, Calories: 238kcal, Carbohydrates: 7.5g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 11g, Hydrogenated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Salt: 354mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 2.5g
Blue Smart Points: 5
Green Smart Points: 4
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 6
Keywords: cuban meals, cuban picadillo, ground turkey dishes, turkey picadillo
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.