Start time, lineup, TV schedule and more for Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500
CORRECTIONS AND EXPLANATIONS: Sling TELEVISION’s present promo was improperly mentioned. The streaming service is not presently using a complimentary trial however is offfering $10 off the very first month for brand-new consumers. We are sorry for the mistake.
5 races, 5 various winners.
NASCAR continues its unexpected start to the 2021 Cup Series season as it heads to Hampton, Georgia. Of the 5 winners — Michael McDowell, Christopher Bell, William Byron, Kyle Larson and Martin Truex Jr. — just Truex, who won recently at Phoenix Raceway, has actually won a champion and even advanced to the last round of NASCAR’s playoffs.
So, what will race No. 6 bring?
Here’s all the details you require to prepare for Sunday’s Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
START TIME: 3 p.m. ET. Green flag is arranged for 3:19 p.m. ET.
TELEVISION: Fox. Pre-race broadcast starts at 2:30 p.m. ET.
RADIO: Peformance Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
STREAMING: Fox Sports Go (need to have TELEVISION supplier) and FOX Sports app, YouTube TELEVISION (2-week complimentary trial), Hulu + Live TELEVISION (7-day complimentary trial), Sling TELEVISION (consumers who register can get $10 off their very first month), fuboTV (7-day complimentary trial).
RACE RANGE: 325 laps around the 1.5-mile Atlanta Motor Speedway for an overall of 500 miles.
PHASE LENGTHS (laps per phase): Phase 1: 105, Phase 2: 105, Phase 3: 115.
LAST TIME: Kevin Harvick controlled, leading 151 of 325 laps last June for his 3rd win at Atlanta. Harvick led the last 55 laps, fleing from the field and beating Kyle Busch by 3.527 seconds.
QUALIFYING: There was no on-track getting approved for the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500. Rather, the lineup was figured out by utilizing NASCAR’s brand-new competition-based formula:
25 percent: Chauffeur’s ending up position from the previous race
25 percent: Cars and truck owner’s ending up position from the previous race
35 percent: Group owner points ranking
15 percent: Fastest lap from the previous race
LINEUP: Denny Hamlin, who has 4 top-fives in 5 races this year, will begin on the pole Sunday with Truex, his Joe Gibbs Racing colleague, along with on the front row.
Here is the lineup for the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (with cars and truck number in parentheses):
1. (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota
2. (19) Martin Truex Jr, Toyota
3. (22) Joey Logano, Ford
4. (2) Brad Keselowski, Ford
5. (9) Chase Elliott, Chevrolet
6. (5) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet
7. (4) Kevin Harvick, Ford
8. (20) Christopher Bell, Toyota
9. (24) William Byron, Chevrolet
10. (12) Ryan Blaney, Ford
11. (1) Kurt Busch, Chevrolet
12. (47) Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Chevrolet
13. (3) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet
14. (48) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet
15. (23) Bubba Wallace, Toyota
16. (10) Aric Almirola, Ford
17. (17) Chris Buescher, Ford
18. (34) Michael McDowell, Ford
19. (18) Kyle Busch, Toyota
20. (21) Matt DiBenedetto, Ford
21. (42) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet
22. (43) Erik Jones, Chevrolet
23. (37) Ryan Preece, Chevrolet
24. (14) Chase Briscoe, Ford
25. (99) Daniel Suarez, Chevrolet
26. (77) Justin Haley, Chevrolet
27. (41) Cole Custer, Ford
28. (6) Ryan Newman, Ford
29. (8) Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet
30. (7) Corey Lajoie, Chevrolet
31. (78) BJ McLeod, Ford
32. (38) Anthony Alfredo, Ford
33. (51) Cody Ware, Chevrolet
34. (15) James Davison, Chevrolet
35. (00) Quin Houff, Chevrolet
36. (53) Joey Gase, Ford
37. (52) Josh Bilicki, Ford
38. (66) Timmy Hill, Ford
39. (33) Austin Cindric, Ford
This post initially appeared on U.S.A. TODAY: NASCAR at Atlanta 2021: Start time, lineup, TELEVISION, streaming schedule
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.