Salmon Salad with Beets, Arugula, Pistachios and Pomegranates
This lovely heart-healthy Salmon Salad with Beets, Arugula, Pistachios and Pomegranates makes salmon the centerpiece in this vibrant salad.
Salmon Salad with Beets
This main course salad is quite and joyful with great deals of reds and pinks that I believe even the guys of the world might support: burnt salmon, arugula, beets, radishes, goat cheese, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, capers, and mustard vinaigrette. It’s ideal for lunch or supper and all set in under half an hour. For more salads with salmon, attempt my Arugula Salmon Salad with Capers and Shaved Parmesan and Salmon Avocado Salad.
Salmon Salad Ingredients:
This salad is filled with a lot of great active ingredients:
- Salmon: Prepare the salmon on the range for 3 to 6 minutes, depending upon the size of the fillets.
- Arugula: Arugula has a peppery taste, however if it’s not your preferred, you can utilize half arugula and half of another green, like child spinach or simply utilize al spinach.
- Beets: I cover the beets in foil and roast them in the oven for about an hour. When they’ve cooled, peel them under running water, so the beets don’t stain your hands.
- Radishes: Radishes include a good peppery crunch.
- Goat cheese: The velvety goat cheese sets so well with the beets.
- Pistachios: Pistachios provide this salad an additional dosage of crispy protein.
- Pomegranates: Pomegranate seeds are such a quite touch for a little sweet taste.
- Capers: Capers include salted, tasty taste.
- Mustard vinaigrette: Mix Dijon mustard, gewurztraminer vinegar, and olive oil for the very best arugula salad dressing.
- Swap arugula for shredded brussels sprouts, child spinach, or combined greens.
- If you’re not a fan of salmon, usage tuna steaks, shrimp, or scallops rather.
- If you wish to make the salad vegetarian, leave out the salmon. To make it vegan, likewise avoid the cheese.
- Sub feta for the goat cheese.
- Change out the pistachios for sliced up almonds or pecans.
- If you don’t have gewurztraminer vinegar, usage red.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Salmon, Beet, and Arugula Salad with Pistachios and Pomegranates
This lovely heart-healthy salad makes salmon filets a centerpiece nestled atop the vibrant salad with numerous textures.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp gewurztraminer vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ pound wild salmon, cut into 2 fillets
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup prepared beets, 6 to 8 oz, cut into little wedges*
- 1 to 2 radishes, very finely sliced
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese, collapsed
- 2 Tablespoon pistachios, toasted and sliced
- 2 Tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tablespoon capers
Preheat the oven to 450F. In a big bowl, integrate 1 tbsp olive oil with the vinegar and mustard; reserved.
Set a heavy ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat and gently spray or coat with olive oil.
Season the salmon on both sides with salt.
When the oil is really hot, include the salmon (skin side down if it’s skin-on) and utilize your spatula to gently push it down to assist the skin sear.
Let cook undisturbed for 1 to 2 minutes, up until the skin launches quickly from the pan and the edges are nontransparent, then turn and move to the oven to complete cooking 2 to 4 minutes, depending upon density and preferred doneness. Reserve.
Include the arugula and beets to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat; season to taste with salt.
Sprinkle in the radishes, goat cheese, pistachios, pomegranate seeds and capers.
Divide onto 2 plates and leading with the salmon and capers.
Serving: 1salad, Calories: 437kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 33.5g, Fat: 26.5g, Hydrogenated Fat: 8.3g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Salt: 727.5mg, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 12g
Blue Smart Points: 8
Green Smart Points: 11
Purple Smart Points: 8
Keywords: main course salads, salmon salad, winter season salad
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.