Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon Before Liposuction Surgery – Credihealth Blog
India presently ranks 4th worldwide in carrying out the optimum variety of plastic surgeries. Out of these plastic surgeries, liposuction is the most typically carried out treatment. The success stories of liposuction motivate other individuals to select the treatment. If you are among those individuals who want to go under the needle to get the perfect body shape and shapes, then you ought to find out more about the surgical method.
Here, we are noting some concerns that you ought to ask your cosmetic surgeon prior to liposuction surgical treatment to discover as much as possible about the treatment from specialists. In India, you can get the very best Liposuction surgical treatment in Gurgaon & other alike city cities.
• How is liposuction carried out?
Liposuction is a treatment that includes surgical elimination of body fat from the targeted locations. It is done particularly to get rid of subcutaneous fat that is unresponsive to diet plan and workout.
There are different strategies readily available through which liposuction is carried out, such as tumescent, laser, VASER, etc.
The basic liposuction treatment includes utilizing a cannula, which is a hollow needle that has a suction pipeline connected to it to draw out the fats. The current technological advancement in the field of plastic surgery, such as laser and VASER method permits the cosmetic surgeon to carry out liposuction in a minimally intrusive method. Ensure that you ask the medical professional what method they use to carry out liposuction surgical treatment in information.
• Who is a perfect prospect for liposuction surgical treatment?
Individuals believe that even if they have additional body fat, they are qualified to go through liposuction surgical treatment. However that’s not the case. The medical professional evaluates your general health prior to identifying whether you are a perfect prospect for liposuction or not.
You will be qualified to have the surgical treatment if you are an adult and satisfy these requirements:
- You have actually currently attempted losing fat with diet plan and workout without reliable outcomes.
- You are within 30% of your basic body weight with a perfect BMI.
- Your skin is firm, flexible, and the muscle tone is likewise great.
- You have a favorable outlook towards the treatment and particular objectives in mind.
- You don’t smoke.
As long as you please these conditions, you will have the ability to go through liposuction.
Nevertheless, these are particular conditions due to which you won’t be thought about as a great prospect for the surgical treatment:
- If you want to eliminate cellulite as liposuction is not a weight-loss method.
- If you are obese or overweight.
- If you have a medical condition or disease that hinders your body’s recovery capabilities.
- If your skin is loose or has bad flexibility.
When you seek advice from a professional cosmetic surgeon, he/she might likewise encourage you not to go through liposuction if you are a lady preparing to get pregnant in future.
• Which parts of the body can be dealt with utilizing liposuction?
Liposuction can be carried out on numerous locations of the body at the very same time. The most typical locations that can be effectively dealt with with liposuction surgical treatment are the stomach, hips, waist, flanks, thighs, knees, back, and neck.
In a lot of cases, liposuction can likewise be integrated with other cosmetic treatments, such as abdominoplasty, butt lift, fat transfer, etc. to provide much better outcomes.
• Just how much excess fat can be gotten rid of securely through liposuction?
There are no basic guidelines for this. However a lot of cosmetic surgeons follow the security standards to carry out liposuction which mentions that 5 liters (11 pounds) of fat can be securely gotten rid of through one liposuction treatment.
Removing more fat than recommended can lead to some unwanted consequences. Thus, most cosmetic surgeons stick to the limits to avoid complications.
• How to prepare for liposuction?
Asking your plastic surgeon what you should do to prepare for the liposuction treatment is important. You won’t have to follow some strict rules. But make sure that you stop taking certain medications like aspirin or blood thinners. You also need to stop smoking at least 6 weeks before the surgery to ensure that smoking doesn’t alter the results of liposuction surgery.
• What are the risks and complications associated with the procedure?
After having liposuction, you will experience bruising, swelling, numbness, inflammation, and some other common symptoms that will resolve after a few weeks. However, the surgery also has some other complications, such as:
- Lumpy skin or uneven results
- Bleeding or hematoma
- Numbness that persists for months
- Changes in skin color
- Pulmonary edema or fluid build-up in the lungs
- Pulmonary embolism or blood clot formation into the lungs
- Damage to the internal organs during the surgery.
Though these risks may sound scary, they can be easily mitigated by taking help from a professional and experienced plastic surgeon.
• What is the recovery period after undergoing liposuction?
The recovery period after liposuction is the most sensitive period. You may be able to return to your daily activities within 2-7 days. However, you need to follow some specific standards to recover properly and get the desired results from liposuction surgery.
To do this, you will have to exercise daily and eat healthy foods. Abstain from smoking and drinking entirely to make sure that your body heals faster and there will be fewer complications.
Besides that, you will also have to wear compression garments to keep the treated areas in place as it achieves the appropriate shape.
• How long will it take for the final results to appear?
The final results of liposuction surgery usually appear after the first month. And the effectiveness of the results usually depends on how well you follow the doctor’s instructions during the first month. It will be helpful if you exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight. This will ensure that your desired goals are achieved and the results last longer.
You should also gather information about the doctor. Hence, it will be better if you ask the following questions as well:
- Is the doctor board-certified to carry out plastic surgery?
- How many years of experience does the doctor have?
- Can the doctor show before and after photos of the patients who have had liposuction under his/her care?
- What is the success rate of the procedure?
- Where will the doctor perform the surgery?
The Bottom Line
Before undergoing liposuction surgery, there is a higher possibility that you will get overwhelmed and may forget to ask some questions. But don’t worry, a professional cosmetic surgeon will clear all your doubts and concerns before proceeding with the surgery. So, ensure that you pick a reliable cosmetic surgeon.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist medical professional and center, compare treatment expense from different centers and prompt medical updates
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.