A popular PC game that has long been exclusive to Valve’s Steam platform is finally making its way to PlayStation and Xbox platforms in the future. Specifically, that game happens to be Mordhau, which is a “multiplayer medieval slasher.” And while Mordhau has somewhat dwindled in popularity in recent years on Steam, the game could soon see a major revival now that it’s coming to consoles.
Developer Triternion announced this week that after years of requests, Mordhau will be coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One at an undetermined date in the future. This reveal was made via a new trailer that showed off some brief footage of what the console versions of the game will have in store. In a general sense, Triternion offered up very little details about these PlayStation and Xbox ports of Mordhau and merely said that they’re “coming soon.”
You can find the reveal trailer for yourself as follows:
First released back in 2019, Mordhau quickly found a fair amount of success on Steam due to its unique combat mechanics and hectic battlefields. Since that time, Triternion has continued to update Mordhau on a frequent basis. And while the game doesn’t have the same number of players that it did back at launch, it continues to boast a consistent audience that helps keep it relevant on PC.
Are you happy to see that Mordhau is finally coming to platforms other than Steam? And will you look to check out these console versions of the game? Let me know either down in the comments or hit me up on social media at @MooreMan12.
Additionally, you can learn more about Mordhau thanks to the game’s description courtesy of Triternion down below.
“Mordhau is a medieval first & third person multiplayer slasher. Enter a hectic battlefield of up to 80 players as a mercenary in a fictional, but realistic world, where you will get to experience the brutal and satisfying melee combat that will have you always coming back for more.”
- Massive battles: From small-scale engagements to 64-player all-out war in modes such as Frontline and Invasion.
- Cooperative & offline play: Fight waves of enemies alongside your friends in the cooperative Horde mode, or practice your skills offline against AI.
- Free-form melee and ranged combat: Gain complete control over your character and attacks and develop your unique style.
- In-depth character customization: Sculpt your face, create your weapon from parts, and pick out individual pieces of armor to create the perfect warrior.
- Huge arsenal of weapons & equipment: Take on enemies with a greatsword, rain arrows from above, or even sit back and build fortifications.
- Fight anywhere: Experience cavalry charges, fight on ladders, and operate siege engines such as the catapult and ballista.
- Visceral and gory combat: Feel the impact of every blow, and send limbs flying as you wreak havoc upon your foes. (Blood & gore are optional)
- Believable fights: A game where fights look believable, MORDHAU strikes a balance between gameplay and realism.