Matthews’ ‘hot streaks’; struggling Penguins
Welcome to the PHT Early Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you wish to send for the PHT Early Morning Skate? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Auston Matthews‘ objective streak was encompassed 8 video games Monday night. His colleagues see that as the brand-new regular: “We were just joking about it, like, it’s hard to even call them ‘hot streaks’ anymore, because it just seems like he’s hot all the time.” [TSN]
• U.S. hockey greats, Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson and Monique Lamoureux-Morando, have actually retired from the nationwide group. [OlympicTalk]
• Paul Maurice on the NHL confessing fault throughout an offside obstacle on Sunday by the Blue Jackets: “You know what? You always have good intentions, right? And that coach’s challenge has just done way, way more good in getting it right than, than that. So they had a mistake and they fixed it, I guess, as best they could. And it will bring scrutiny, right? And then it will force, maybe a better word, it will encourage, a review of the program and that’s how things get better, right?” [Winnipeg Sun]
• Attempting to determine what’s going on with the Predators. [On the Forecheck]
• An upper-body injury will keep Ryan Johansen out “week-to-week.” [NHL.com]
• The Penguins’ X-factors are trending in the incorrect instructions. [Pensburgh]
• Why the NHL ought to think about stopping briefly the 2020-21 season. [Japers’ Rink]
• Things are getting genuine unsightly with the Canucks and there are no indications it will alter anytime quickly. [Featurd]
• More posts ponement for the Devils, Sabres, and Wild. [PHT]
• Wayne Simmonds will be out the next 6 weeks with a damaged wrist. [PHT]
• Enjoyable take a look at the novice cards of every 2020-21 NHL head coach. [Puck Junk]
• Derek Stepan is looking for a trade from the Senators to be closer to house. [Hockey Wilderness]
• Indications of enhancement for the Senators and Red Wings are simply not there at the minute. [Spector’s Hockey]
• Getting Golden Knights and Lightning gamers ought to be on your dream hockey order of business today. [Rotoworld]
More NHL news
The Buzzer: Roslovic the hero; Varlamov blanks Rangers once again Tortorella on sitting Patrik Laine: ‘The last thing I want to do is… NHL Power Rankings: Pastrnak’s return assists Bruins reach leading area
Sean Leahy is an author for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @Sean_Leahy.
PHT Early Morning Skate: Matthews’ ‘hot streaks’; having a hard time Penguins initially appeared on NBCSports.com
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.