Previously only available on PC and new-gen Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 consoles, Firaxis’ Marvel’s Midnight Suns is now compatible with older-gen consoles too, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 folk gaining access to the base game and everything else that accompanies it, including the newly released Blood Storm content.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as well as those previous versions on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC, is Marvel’s Midnight Suns. You may notice that Nintendo Switch is omitted there – and you’d be right as that version has now been ditched.
Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 some months after first release should open up the world of Marvel’s Midnight Suns to a whole new swathe of players and seeing as we slapped a 4.5/5 review score on the Xbox Series X|S version, we’d say that this is a game that will go down very well indeed.
Priced at £59.99 with a substantial launch discount dropping the Xbox One version to just £29.99, Marvel’s Midnight Suns comes to older consoles with the same ideas in mind. This should be seen as the ultimate crossover event, as the Marvel universe mixes with RPG elements, combat opportunities and card-based tactics. It has you playing as the Hunter, before allowing the chance for you to go and make friends with Marvel stars the world over.
Considering the team behind Marvel’s Midnight Suns were also behind the critically acclaimed XCOM, we think that any Marvel fan will jump at the chance to take in what is on offer, with key features as…
- Your Marvel Adventure – You are the Hunter, the first fully-customizable original hero in the Marvel Universe. Personalize your appearance, choose your reactions to situations, and build friendships with Marvel legends spanning The Avengers, X-Men, Runaways, and more. Decide who to take with you on missions, which missions to embark on, and a host of other options to make this a unique experience.
- Fight and Think like a Super Hero – From the creators of the critically-acclaimed tactical XCOM series comes an engaging and deeply customizable card-based battle system that rewards clever thinking with Super Hero flair. Deploy a squad of Super Heroes on tactical turn-based missions to thwart the forces of evil. Use your environment, move around the battlefield lining up the perfect shot or combo, and then launch devastating hero abilities to gain the advantage in each epic encounter. The combat leverages the best elements from tactical games and card-based combat in a truly unique and thrilling experience.
- Live Among the Legends – Spend time exploring what Super Heroes do in their off hours. Explore The Abbey—your very own mystical secret base—to discover powerful hidden items and secrets to aid you in the conflict against Lilith and her minions. Befriend and get to really know some of your favorite Marvel heroes as you interact with them in ways beyond the comics or the films.
In addition to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version is the new Blood Storm content for all’, provided they pay up the £11.99 asking price. This is Marvel’s Midnight Suns’ fourth and final post-launch DLC featuring recruitable hero Storm.
Storm brings powerful wind- and lightning-based abilities that stun or knock back enemies and deal damage befitting the elemental forces at work. Included in Blood Storm:
- New Recruitable Hero: Storm, a weather-wielding mutant with 10 unique Hero Abilities
- New Story Missions: Fight a host of fresh enemy types across challenging new encounters, including a grand finale if all Season Pass missions are completed
- New Abbey Upgrade: Enhanced T.H.R.E.A.T Room
- 3 Additional Hero Skins, 7 Abbey Outfits, and 2 Swimsuits for Storm
- Storm is recruited by completing her first story mission “Hard Knock Life,” which becomes playable after completing “The Best There Is” during Act One.
In combat, Storm is a well-rounded hero, capable of dealing high damage to single and multiple targets, and capable of controlling enemies through stun and knockback – requiring patience for her abilities to reach full power.
Storm’s unique Abbey Research project Enhanced T.H.R.E.A.T. Room adds modifiers that allow for enemy difficulty adjustment in the T.H.R.E.A.T. Room, which affects stats and the amount of XP gained. Multiple heroes can also be brought in; upgrading her Research Project adds even more customization options that include adding encountered Villains!
Each DLC pack includes three new story missions for each of the DLC heroes. Players who purchase all four post-launch DLC or Marvel’s Midnight Suns Season Pass, and complete all 12 DLC story missions will also unlock a secret bonus mission.
Go and grab Marvel’s Midnight Suns from the Xbox Store right now.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is the ultimate crossover event combining the rich story, character relationships, customization and progression of an RPG with the tactical strategy and combat mechanics of a revolutionary new card-based tactics game. Set in the darker side of the Marvel Universe, you will forge unbreakable bonds with legendary Marvel Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors in the fight against the world’s greatest threat yet…the demonic forces of Lilith and the elder god Chthon.