Martin Truex Jr. wins Blue-Emu 500
The Cup Series (NCS) and XFINITY Series (NXS) were active at Virginia’s Martinsville Speedway. The weather condition did not work together with NASCAR’s schedule once again this previous weekend. After some earlier track drying, Friday night’s NXS 250-lap Prepare Out 250 began practically on time. The race reached lap 91 prior to heavy rain set off the warning. Track drying efforts were made however more rain and lightening required NASCAR to rescheduled conclusion of the occasion to Sunday. Saturday night’s NCS 500-lap Blue-Emu Optimum Discomfort Relief 500 was dealt more of the exact same. That race reached lap 42 and was likewise relocated to Sunday. Both races finished without disturbance from Nature on Sunday. Martin Truex Jr. broke the streak of 7 various Cup Series winners in as lots of races by ending up being the very first 2021 repeat winner (he likewise won the March 14th race at Phoenix Raceway). The Outdoor Camping World Truck Series will return on April 17th at Richmond Raceway. The most recent outcomes and upcoming scheduled occasions for the NASCAR feeder series are likewise consisted of listed below along with information on all tracks discussed in this column.
NASCAR Cup Series (NCS)
Sun, Apr 11, Blue-Emu Optimum Discomfort Relief 500 – Martinsville Speedway – 500 laps.
– No practice or certifying. NASCAR’s certifying metric set the beginning lineup for this occasion based upon race surfaces, point standings and fastest race laps. This positioned Joey Logano (#22 Ford Mustang) P1 on the beginning grid. Denny Hamlin (#11 Toyota Camry) finished the front row in the P2 area. #24 William Byron, #12 Ryan Blaney, #9 Chase Elliott, #47 Ricky Stenhouse Jr., #19 Martin Truex Jr., #6 Ryan Newman, #4 Kevin Harvick and #2 Brad Keselowski, respectively formed the remainder of the top-10 in the lineup. Did not make the 40-car field: Nobody, just 37 entries.
– Martin Truex Jr. (#19 Toyota Camry) scored his 29th triumph in 558 NCS races. This is his second triumph and fifth top-10 surface in 2021. It is his 3rd triumph and 14th top-10 surface in 32 races at Martinsville. Chase Elliott (second) published his 7th top-10 surface in 13 Martinsville races and his fourth top-10 surface in 2021. Denny Hamlin (3rd) made his 22nd top-10 surface in 32 races at Martinsville. Anthony Alfredo (26th) was the greatest completing Sunoco Novice of the Year competitor. Polesitter Joey Logano led 6 laps and ended up in sixth location.
– NCS points leader: Denny Hamlin leads the point standings by 76 points over Martin Truex Jr.
– TOP-16 NCS Playoff Competitors (G/L):
1. Denny Hamlin
2. Martin Truex Jr. +1
3. Joey Logano -1
4. Kyle Larson
5. Ryan Blaney +2
6. William Byron
7. Chase Elliott +2
8. Kevin Harvick
9. Brad Keselowski -4
10. Christopher Bell
11. Kyle Busch +2
12. Austin Dillon -1
13. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. +1
14. Chris Buescher +3
15. Kurt Busch
16. Michael McDowell -4
– Next: Sun, Apr 18, Toyota Owners 400 – Richmond Raceway – 400 laps.
NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS)
Sun, Apr 11, Prepare Out 250 – Martinsville Speedway – 250 laps.
– No practice or certifying. NASCAR’s certifying metric set the beginning lineup for this occasion based upon race surfaces, point standings and fastest race laps. This positioned Harrison Burton (#20 Toyota Camry) P1 on the beginning grid. Justin Allgaier (#7 Chevrolet Camaro) finished the front row in the P2 area. #16 AJ Allmendinger, #18 Daniel Hemric, #11 Justin Haley, #22 Austin Cindric, #98 Riley Herbst, #9 Noah Gragson, #2 Myatt Snider and #1 Michael Annett, respectively formed the remainder of the top-10 in the lineup. Did not make the 40-car field: #77 Ronnie Bassett Jr., #31 Jordan Anderson and #03 Andy Lally.
– Josh Berry (#8 Chevrolet Camaro) scored his first triumph in 14 NXS races. He led a race-high 95 laps of the 250 lap occasion. This is his 3rd top-10 surface in 2021 and 1st top-10 surface in 2 races at Martinsville. Noah Gragson (second) published his second top-10 surface in 3 Martinsville races and his 3rd top-10 surface in 2021. Gragson likewise gathered $100,000 as the leading finisher amongst 4 qualified motorists for the Dash 4 Money reward. Daniel Hemric (3rd) made his first top-10 surface in 2 races at Martinsville. Polesitter Harrison Burton led 52 laps and ended up 7th.
– NXS points leader: Austin Cindric (ended up sixth in race) by 42 points over Daniel Hemric.
– TOP-12 NXS Playoff Contenders (G/L):
1. Austin Cindric
2. Daniel Hemric
3. Harrison Burton
4. Justin Haley +1
5. Jeb Burton +1
6. AJ Allmendinger -2
7. Myatt Snider
8. Justin Allgaier
9. Jeremy Clements
10. Brandon Jones
11. Noah Gragson +3
12. Michael Annett +1
– Next: Sat, Apr 24, Ag-Pro 300 – Talladega Superspeedway – 113 laps.
NASCAR Outdoor Camping World Truck Series (NTS)
– NTS points leader: John Hunter Nemechek by 6 points over Ben Rhodes.
– TOP-10 NTS Playoff Competitors (G/L):
1. John Hunter Nemechek
2. Ben Rhodes
3. Sheldon Creed
4. Matt Crafton
5. Stewart Friesen
6. Austin Hill
7. Zane Smith +1
8. Grant Enfinger +1
9. Todd Gilliland +3
10. Austin Wayne Self +4
– Next: Sat, Apr 17, ToyotaCare 250 – Richmond Raceway – 250 laps.
NASCAR Feeder Series
ARCA Menards Series:
Fri, Mar 12, * General Tire 150 – Phoenix Raceway – 150 laps.
Winner: Ty Gibbs – P1: Ty Gibbs – Points Leader: Corey Heim
Next: Sat, Apr 24, General Tire 200 – Talladega Superspeedway – 76 laps.
ARCA Menards East:
Sat, Feb 27, Pensacola 200 – 5 Flags Speedway – 200 laps.
Winner: Sammy Smith – P1: Sammy Smith – Points Leader: Sammy Smith
Next: Sat, May 8, Music City 200 – Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway – 200 laps.
ARCA Menards West:
Fri, Mar 12, * General Tire 150 – Phoenix Raceway – 150 laps.
Winner: Ty Gibbs – P1: Ty Gibbs ** – Points Leader: Ty Gibbs
Next: Sat, Jun 5, General Tire 125 – Sonoma Raceway – 50 laps.
Whelen Modified Trip:
Thu. Apr 8, Virginia Is For Racing Enthusiasts 200 – Martinsville Speedway – 200 laps.
Winner: Eric Goodale – P1: Ryan Preece – Points Leader: Eric Goodale
Next: Sun. Apr 25, NAPA Spring Sizzler – Stafford Motor Speedway – 150 laps.
Season opener: Sun, Might 23, TBA – Sundown Speedway
Peak Mexico Series:
Season opener: Sun, Might 22, TBA – Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas
* Combination race in between ARCA Menards and ARCA Menards West
5 Flags Speedway – 0.5-mile oval – Pensacola, Florida
Martinsville Speedway – 0.526-mile oval – Martinsville, Virginia
Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway – 0.596-mile oval – Nashville, Tennessee
Phoenix Raceway – 1-mile tri-oval – Avondale, Arizona
Richmond Raceway – 0.75-mile oval – Richmond, Virginia
Sonoma Raceway – 2.520-mile, 12-turn roadway course – Sonoma, California
Stafford Motor Speedway – 0.5-mile oval – Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Sundown Speedway – 0.333-mile oval – Innisfil, Ontario
Super Ovalo Chiapas – 0.75-mile tri-oval – Tuxtla Gutierrez
Talladega Superspeedway – 2.66-mile tri-oval – Talladega, Alabama
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.