Grilled Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad
Grilled veggies from the farmers market shine in this vegetarian orzo pasta salad, best as a side meal or meatless primary.
Grilled Veggie Orzo Pasta Salad
This scrumptious pasta salad is made with grilled veggies tossed with orzo, fresh tomatoes, basil, and vinegar and oil. It’s a simple lunch to prep ahead for the week or worked as a side meal with anything you’re barbecuing. Some other orzo dishes you must attempt are this Orzo with Zucchini and Tomato and Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli Orzo.
This 3-piece grill pan (affil link) set is so helpful for barbecuing veggies all summertime long.
Is orzo pasta?
Yes! Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta that you prepare in a pot of boiling water. Given that we’re including it to a cold salad for this dish, wash the orzo under cold water after draining it.
Orzo Salad Ingredients:
I utilized fresh veggies that I discovered at the farmers market in this orzo salad, however do not hesitate to switch any of them out if you discover something that looks scrumptious at your market.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
I grilled all of the veggies in a grill basket other than for the tomatoes. If you don’t have a grill, a grill pan or broiler works excellent too.
How long does orzo salad last in the refrigerator?
This orzo salad will last in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days, making it excellent for meal preparation.
- You can replace the orzo with another kind of little pasta, like elbow, farfalle, or orecchiette.
- Include goat or feta cheese to the salad.
- Switch the zucchini with yellow squash or the red onion with shallot.
- Do not hesitate to change out the cherry tomatoes with grape tomatoes.
- For an additional veggie, include some sliced spinach.
- If you desire more fresh herbs, utilize parsley or oregano.
More Pasta Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Veggie Orzo Pasta Salad
Grilled veggies from the farmers market shine in this orzo pasta salad, best as a side meal or meatless primary.
- 1 1/4 cups raw orzo pasta, wheat or gluten-free
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove minced garlic
- additional virgin olive oil spray
- 1 little red onion, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 big, 10 ounce zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced basil
Prepare orzo in salted water according to package instructions; drain and rinse under cold water, transfer to a big bowl and integrate with tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of the oil and garlic.
On the other hand spray the onions, bell peppers and zucchini with olive oil; season with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste.
Grill veggies on a grill basket over oiled grates, covered, (or broil 4 inches from flame) 10-12 minutes or up until gently charred and tender, turning midway.
Reserve on a cutting board to cool somewhat, then dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
Toss with the staying olive oil and vinegar and leading with sliced basil.
Serving: 11/3 cups, Calories: 267kcal, Carbohydrates: 39.5g, Protein: 6.5g, Fat: 9g, Hydrogenated Fat: 1g, Salt: 6mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4.5g
Blue Smart Points: 7
Green Smart Points: 7
Purple Smart Points: 7
Keywords: simple summertime pasta salad, orzo, vegan pasta salad, vegetarian pasta salad
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.