• How does Prescott respond? He converted two 3rd downs. On a 3rd-and-5, he scrambled for 13 yards to the Dallas 43. On another 3rd-and-5, Prescott appeared to be wrapped up by cornerback Avonte Maddox for a sack, but he kept the play alive and found Michael Gallup for the first down to the Eagles’ 44. Prescott used his legs again on a 2nd-and-9, rolling to his right and gaining 10 yards. Tony Pollard got the Eagles to the 1-yard line with a catch for 9 yards and a run up the middle for a gain of 8. Ezekiel Elliott got the Cowboys on the board on the next play with the 1-yard run.
EAGLES 10, COWBOYS 7 – 1:52 remaining
• Eagles turn to Sanders to start their second offensive drive, especially with the Cowboys’ offense eating up nearly 9 and a half minutes of the first quarter. Sanders’ second carry of the drive gained 13 yards and a first down. The Eagles have the ball to open the second quarter, facing 2nd-and-11 from their own 44.
• On the first play of the second quarter, Minshew forces a ball over the middle to Quez Watkins and it is intercepted by safety Jayron Kearse. Cowboys take over at the Eagles’ 47-yard line.
• The Cowboys try a flea-flicker and Maddox flies in to sack Prescott for a loss of 10 yards. Maddox limped off after the play and went to the locker room. The Cowboys decided to go for it on 4th-and-8 from the Eagles’ 45. Prescott’s throw for T.Y. Hilton was incomplete, but Big Play Slay was called for illegal contact to extend the drive. Milton Williams exited the game briefly due to injury, but he came on to tackle Pollard for a loss of 4 on 1st down. But two plays later, Prescott hits CeeDee Lamb wide open on a corner route out of the slot for a 36-yard touchdown.
COWBOYS 14, EAGLES 10 – 11:34 remaining
• Dallas Goedert makes his first catch on a sail route – leaning in then turning back out – for a gain of 25 yards. Minshew follows that up with a 19-yard anticipation throw to Watkins over the middle to the Cowboys’ 30-yard line. On the next play, Minshew had Watkins open for the touchdown, but the quarterback floated the ball high. On 3rd-and-5, Minshew hits Brown, who made a great job in traffic for the first down to the 18-yard line after a gain of 7. Back in the red zone, the Eagles go back to the ground, as Kenneth Gainwell runs out of shotgun to the 7-yard line. The Eagles go to Gainwell three times in goal-to-go, but he is unable to score. On 4th-and-goal from the 1-yard line and Minshew does his best Jalen Hurts imitation and sneaks the ball in for the TOUCHDOWN!
EAGLES 17, COWBOYS 14 – 7:08 remaining
• Injury Update: Maddox is questionable to return with a toe injury.
• That Minshew sneak was the Eagles’ franchise-record 55th touchdown of the season.
• Jordan Davis suffers an injury while colliding with Sweat on a tackle of Elliott. On 3rd-and-7, Sweat jumped offsides, and Prescott hit Lamb over the middle for a 26-yard gain to the Eagles’ 35 on the free play. The penalty was obviously declined. Prescott goes to Lamb again on a slant vs. Josiah Scott out of the slot to the 10-yard line. Lamb is already over 100 yards on the day. On 3rd-and-goal, Prescott went to Gallup into the back left corner of the end zone, but the wide receiver was unable to bring it in against James Bradberry. The sun might have played a role, but regardless, the Cowboys settled for a 21-yard field goal.
EAGLES 17, COWBOYS 17 – 1:49 remaining
• The Cowboys will get the ball to start the second half.
• Injury Update: Jordan Davis is being evaluated for a head injury.
• On the first play of the drive, Minshew hung tough in the pocket and threw a ball on an out-breaking intermediate route to Goedert. Safety Donovan Wilson razed the facemask and was called for pass interference. The Cowboys nearly picked off Minshew as linebacker Anthony Barr nearly had an overthrow on a target to DeVonta Smith. Minshew made the Cowboys pay on 3rd-and-4 with a pass to Goedert for 20 yards to the Cowboys’ 34-yard line. On 3rd-and-6 from the 30, Minshew was able to beat the blitz with a pass to Smith right at the sticks for the first down. As the Eagles lined up to spike the ball, Goedert was called for a false start. The Eagles use their final timeout to negate the 10-second runoff with 25 seconds left. The Cowboys brought the heat and forced three Minshew throwaways. Elliott makes the 47-yard attempt. Dallas was offsides and the Eagles declined to take the points and regain the lead.
EAGLES 20, COWBOYS 17 – 11 seconds remaining
• Cowboys take a knee to end the first half.