Five things you need to know from Kentucky’s 83-56 win over Missouri
5 things you require to understand from the No. 18 Kentucky Wildcats’ 83-56 win over the Missouri Tigers in Rupp Arena:
1. Keion Brooks participates the enjoyable. In UK’s blowout wins over North Carolina and Western Kentucky, the 6-foot-7, 210-pound junior had actually been reasonably peaceful.
Brooks had 10 points and 3 rebounds in 18 minutes vs. the Tar Heels and 5 points and one board in 13 minutes versus WKU.
Versus Missouri, Brooks was, probably, Kentucky’s finest gamer.
The Fort Wayne, Ind., item struck 7 of 11 shots, 3 of 4 complimentary tosses and simply missed out on a double-double with 17 points and 9 rebounds.
Though basketball analytics followers might hate the midrange dive shot, that is Brooks’ finest offending weapon and he made great usage of it vs. the Tigers, sinking jumpers from 12, 15 and 12 feet.
2. Oscar’s magic-carpet flight. Oscar Tshiebwe is having such a great season, that in a video game in which he made just 2 of 10 field-goal shots — he ended up with 13 points and 20 rebounds.
Missouri’s protective bulk — the Tigers have 9 gamers who weigh a minimum of 210 pounds — appeared to trouble Tshiebwe near the rim on shot efforts.
Nevertheless, Tshiebwe compensated by getting to the nasty line 10 times and sinking 9 of them.
He was his typical force of nature on the glass, following up his 28-rebound trip de force vs. Western Kentucky with 20 more.
If it wasn’t evident prior to, the 6-9, 255-pound post gamer from the Democratic Republic of Congo is a genuine National Gamer of the Year prospect.
3. Wheeler “bounce back” continues. Kentucky point player Sahvir Wheeler continues to leave the slog he sustained in UK’s unanticipated loss at Notre Dame 3 video games earlier in the rear-view mirror.
Versus Missouri, the Georgia transfer chose 11 points and 9 helps and had just one turnover.
The more open-court offensive design UK has actually used because the loss in South Bend is enabling the Wildcats to get the very best from the vibrant Wheeler.
Considering that going 0-of-5 from the flooring and completing with 3 points and 2 helps vs. Notre Dame, Wheeler has actually returned to typical 14.3 points and 8.3 helps while making 20 of 33 field-goal shots in the 3 video games because.
4. Mizzou still “Oh-fer-Lexington.” With its defeat, Missouri is now 0-8 all-time vs. Kentucky in video games played in Lexington, 0-6 vs. the Felines in Rupp Arena because signing up with the SEC.
The Tigers, who signed up with the Southeastern Conference in 2012-13, are the only SEC group never ever to have actually beaten UK in Rupp.
5. Calipari strong in SEC openers. In the John Calipari training age (because 2009-10), Kentucky is now 11-2 in the preliminary SEC video game of a season and 8-0 when that contest is played in Rupp Arena.
The only times under Calipari that UK has actually lost its very first Southeastern Conference video game of a season was available in 2010-11, a 77-70 loss to Georgia in Athens, and in 2018-19, a 77-75 defeat to Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
Box rating from Kentucky basketball’s 83-56 SEC-opening win over Missouri
Not a surprises in a matter-of-fact Kentucky triumph over Missouri
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.