Firefighters return to neighborhood of fatal fire to try to prevent others

After a fire raved through an apartment near Mitchell and South 29th streets Thursday, eliminating someone, the Milwaukee Fire Department is taking preventative action for others.Saturday early morning, teams returned to that community, going door-to-door offering emergency alarm free of charge.”A smoke detector is our primary warning device, and ideally, a smoke detector is going to warn you when that fire is still in its growing phases,” Milwaukee Fire Department Assistant Chief Joshua Parish stated.”Even fighting fires in their very small stages, you know? A small kitchen fire that’s just catching a cabinet is a perfect opportunity for us to get in there, extinguish that. It really reduces the chance of loss of life,” Parish said.While there were working smoke detector in the apartment, authorities are turning their attention to the community due to the fact that there is a higher threat of fires even more in the winter season. “A lot of incidents of mishaps with heating and improper heating,” Parish stated. “You have that duality of people being at home, people doing activities at home that they would otherwise do outside of the home.”Fire teams stated fire threat increases in the winter season, so they likewise need to keep an eye out for their own security. “The same slipping hazards that individuals in the community face, we face as well, and unfortunately the firefighting equipment and the boots don’t make slipping and falling any less likely,” Parish stated. The home fire the Milwaukee Fire Department reacted to today on that street did have working cigarette smoking detectors.The reason for the fire is still under examination.

After a fire raved through an apartment near Mitchell and South 29th streets Thursday, eliminating someone, the Milwaukee Fire Department is taking preventative action for others.

Saturday early morning, teams returned to that community, going door-to-door offering emergency alarm free of charge.

“A smoke detector is our primary warning device, and ideally, a smoke detector is going to warn you when that fire is still in its growing phases,” Milwaukee Fire Department Assistant Chief Joshua Parish stated.

“Even fighting fires in their very small stages, you know? A small kitchen fire that’s just catching a cabinet is a perfect opportunity for us to get in there, extinguish that. It really reduces the chance of loss of life,” Parish stated.

While there were working smoke detector in the apartment, authorities are turning their attention to the community due to the fact that there is a higher threat of fires even more in the winter season.

“A lot of incidents of mishaps with heating and improper heating,” Parish stated. “You have that duality of people being at home, people doing activities at home that they would otherwise do outside of the home.”

Fire teams stated fire threat increases in the winter season, so they likewise need to keep an eye out for their own security.

“The same slipping hazards that individuals in the community face, we face as well, and unfortunately the firefighting equipment and the boots don’t make slipping and falling any less likely,” Parish stated.

The home fire the Milwaukee Fire Department reacted to today on that street did have working cigarette smoking detectors.

The reason for the fire is still under examination.

Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.