Expectations for Jeff Carter; Canucks’ schedule change
Welcome to the PHT Early Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you wish to send for the PHT Early Morning Skate? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• What should the Penguins get out of Carter this season and next? [Pensburgh]
• “The Canucks never ever really threatened not to play Friday; they simply required winger J.T. Miller to be his blunt, discomforting, sincere self when he spoke with press reporters on Wednesday and stated the modified schedule was ‘dangerous’ and the NHL’s objective of making gamer security the leading concern was ‘almost impossible to achieve with what they have asked us to do here on our return.’” [Sportsnet]
• As the Jets continue to soar, Paul Stastny is fitting in perfectly. [Jets Nation]
• It took a while however persistence with Juuse Saros is settling for the Predators. [The Hockey News]
• Why the Islanders are playing even much better defensively under Barry Trotz this season. [NY Hockey Now]
• If the Golden Knights have Stanley Cup dreams they’ll require Alex Pietrangelo to be much better on the blue line. [Sin Bin Vegas]
• For heaven Jackets to get better next season it’s time to concentrate on establishing centers in the company. [1st Ohio Battery]
• Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook on “Mista Svechnikov’ and ‘Marty Parties.’ [News and Observer]
More NHL news
Steven Stamkos put on LTIR by Lightning, out up until Might The Buzzer: Substantial offending night for Sabres, Rangers, big wins in Central Canucks’ return postponed; upgraded North Department schedule coming Friday
Sean Leahy is an author for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @Sean_Leahy
PHT Early Morning Skate: Expectations for Jeff Carter; Canucks’ schedule modification initially appeared on NBCSports.com
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.