COD: Black Ops Cold War season 5 patch notes and balance changes
Call of Task: Black Ops Cold War’s brand-new season might have been postponed by a day, however that hasn’t stopped Treyarch from exposing the spot notes. The designer launched the modification list for the brand-new season on Wednesday, offering gamers a sneak peek of brand-new updates to attack rifle balance, handgun nerfs, and the season’s brand-new material.
The greatest modification in this spot is the attack rifle balance upgrade, which touches numerous various weapons in the classification. The weapon with the most modifications is the XM4 rifle, which has actually numerous accessories gotten used to assist offer each accessory a more distinct function.
This spot likewise alters the FFAR 1. It will now have more harm up close, however somewhat less at longer ranges. The spot likewise changes a couple of more attack rifles with comparable compromises, upgrading them without making them meaningfully much better or substantially even worse — a minimum of on paper.
Something that’s absolutely worsening in the season 5 spot is dual-wielding handguns. This technique, which is among the neighborhood’s most complained-about functions, will now minimize gamers’ motion speed and strafe speed by 5%. This must ideally suppress a few of the aggravating run-and-gun techniques that double handgun gamers have actually utilized.
Along with these balance modifications, Black Ops Cold War likewise got a brand-new multiplayer mode called Mole, which has specific gamers working versus their colleagues by attempting to stealthily eliminate them, sort of like Amongst United States. The spot likewise consists of brand-new weapons like the TEC-9, and EM2 attack rifle, in addition to 3 brand-new maps at launch, Tier (6v6), Run-down Neighborhoods (6v6), and Display Room (2v2, 3v3).
Call of Task: Black Ops Cold War’s season 5 spot was postponed by a day, and it’s now set to come out on Friday, Aug. 13. For a take a look at the all the modifications in the spot, you can have a look at the complete spot notes.
Call of Task: Black Ops Cold War season 5 spot notes
New Season 5 weapon tuning consists of modifications for a choice of attack rifles, SMGs, and Double Wield handguns. Beginning with attack rifles, we’ve lowered Suppressor accessory Bullet Speed charges for all ARs to much better concentrate on their capacity for damage at long varieties.
Attack Rifles (All)
- Lowered Bullet Speed charge on Company Suppressor accessory from -30% to -15%.
- Lowered Bullet Speed charge on Suppressor accessory from -15% to -8%.
- Increased Reload Speed from 2.6 sec to 2.5 sec.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control perk on Infantry Compensator from +12% to +15%.
- Lowered Horizontal Recoil Control charge on Infantry Compensator from -8% to -5%.
- Increased Reload Speed on Jungle-Style Mag from +20% to +30%.
- Eliminated ADS Time charge from 40 Rnd Speed Mag.
- Lowered additional ammunition of 40 Rnd Speed Mag from +10 to +5.
- Altered Salvo 50 Rnd Quick Mag accessory to 45 Rnd Quick Mag.
- Lowered ADS Time charge on 45 Rnd Quick Mag from -25% to -12%.
- Changed SAS Mag Clamp with distinct “B-Ops Mini Clamp” accessory. This accessory increases Reload Speed by 50%, enhances ADS Time by 10%, and supplies an extra beginning publication, however lowers publication ammunition from 30 to 25.
The XM4 is getting numerous brand-new changes to help with its handling, in addition to a unique accessory. As one of our more popular weapons, the XM4 sees a lot of use from professionals and less knowledgeable gamers alike, so we’ve made modifications to particular accessories to attract gamers of all ability levels. Gamers might wish to experiment with brand-new accessory mixes after this upgrade to discover the sweet area that works for them.
- Lowered vertical recoil by 10%.
Though the QBZ-83 is a strong entertainer, it’s been underused compared to the rest of its class. We’ve lowered its recoil to assist more gamers explore this weapon, establish a feel for it, and discover success with it in-game.
- Now deals 30 damage out to 12.7 meters for greater damage at brief variety.
- Increased Hip Fire Precision by 14%.
- Lowered Sprint to Fire Time charge on Tiger Group Spotlight from -10% to -5%.
- Lowered Objective Strolling Motion Speed charge on 21.2” Ranger Barrel from -20% to -5%.
- Lowered Efficient Damage Variety perk on 19.5” Strengthened Heavy Barrel from +100% to +40%.
- Lowered Efficient Damage Variety perk on 19.5” Job Force Barrel from +50% to +20%.
- Lowered Efficient Damage Variety perk on 20.3” Takedown Barrel from +150% to +80%.
As the fastest-firing AR, the FFAR 1 ought to be functional in a more aggressive, close-quarters play design. To achieve this, we’ve provided the weapon extra high-damage capacity at brief variety while keeping its initial damage worths for mid- to long-variety fight. Hip fire has actually likewise been enhanced to assist with short-range encounters. As an outcome, numerous of its Barrel accessories have actually likewise been changed. These modifications permit a competent gamer to utilize the FFAR 1’s shorter-range abilities for a more flexible play design.
- Lowered vertical recoil by 15%.
- Lowered weapon motion when strolling in ADS.
- Moved Iron Sights see further away from the gamer electronic camera.
- Increased Horizontal Recoil Control perk on Spetsnaz Grip from +17% to +25%.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control perk on Spetsnaz Grip from +7% to +15%.
- Increased ADS Time perk on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +15% to +30%.
- Lowered Flinch Resistance mitigation on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +80% to +70%.
- Increased Sprint to Fire Time perk on KGB Pad from +30% to +50%.
- Lowered Hip Fire Precision charge on KGB Pad from -30% to -20%.
With the Groza, dealing with speed is crucial. We’ve made visual enhancements to assist gamers take much better benefit of this weapon’s fast handling, in addition to accessory modifications to lean into the Groza’s distinct character as a bullpup AR.
- Lowered preliminary recoil when shooting the weapon.
- Moved Iron Sights see further away from the gamer electronic camera.
Mid- and long-variety fight are essential aspects for the FARA 83. Presently boasting the very best series of any AR in addition to a quick fire rate, this weapon needs consistency for success. As such, we’ve enhanced recoil and presence while shooting. While this AR was originally concepted to fill more a marksman-like role on larger maps, it has proven to be reliable in most game modes. Developing a sense for controlled firing will lead to even more success with this weapon.
- Overhauled recoil system.
- Improved weapon presence when initially shooting.
- Increased Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 30.48m.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range penalty on Suppressor attachment from -15% to -8%.
While the C58 is a powerful weapon in capable hands, some of its handling characteristics initially created a high barrier for proficiency. We’ve addressed this by improving the recoil, feel, and visibility while firing the weapon. The C58 isn’t recommended for close quarters, but with proper ammo management, this weapon can perform much like an LMG with the handling of an AR.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 22.86m.
- Slowed burst fire delay from 0.066 to 0.083.
Moving onto SMGs: the KSP 45 has actually recently overperformed at ranges we feel are better suited for other weapons. We’ve made slight adjustments to its burst fire speed and effective damage range to alter the feel of the weapon just enough that focused players won’t feel much of a difference, but others won’t feel as “lucky” with this weapon.
- Reduced medium damage range from 50.8m to 45.72m.
- Increased recoil on the first and 12th bullets.
In the weapon lore of Black Ops Cold War, the LC10 is an SMG created by a sniper rifle manufacturer. Accuracy – specifically at range – is part of its personality. The LC10 also features very little damage drop off to create a very consistent time to kill over a large distance. With the launch of Season Five, we’re making slight adjustments to recoil and range to raise the skill level required for success.
- Dual Wield
- Reduced movement speed by 5%.
- Reduced strafe speed by 5%.
Dual wielding pistols now has a slight movement speed penalty. While not being able to aim down sights is a sizeable trade-off, movement speed has always been a top factor for success with short-range weapons. Lowering the movement speed while dual wielding creates more of a liability regarding range and positioning.
- New 100-Tier Battle Pass available.
New “Kitsune” Operator available at Tier 0 in the Season Five Battle Pass.
- “Kyubi” Operator Skin for Kitsune included with Battle Pass Bundle purchase before August 31, 2021.
EM2 assault rifle available for free at Tier 15 of the Battle Pass System.
TEC-9 SMG available for free at Tier 31 of the Battle Pass System.
- Four Treyarch music tracks available for the Music Player in the free “World at War Mixtape” War Tracks in the Battle Pass System: “Black Cats”
- “Dog Fire”
- “Hell’s Gate”
- “Wild Card”
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- New Cane melee weapon available via in-video game challenge in Multiplayer or Zombies, or via unique Blueprint version in the Store at the start of Season Five.
- Unlock Challenge available for the C58 assault rifle in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- MG 82
- Unlock Challenge available for the MG 82 LMG in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Challenge Tracker
- Pause menu now displays and tracks Operator Mission Challenges in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- New Season Five Operator Missions available in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Addressed an issue where previous season Weapon Unlock Challenges could stop progressing.
- Addressed an issue where certain hacked Field Upgrades would not contribute to Season Challenges.
- Addressed an issue where previously unlocked Weapon Challenges would continue to display in the Challenges section of the After-Action Report.
Prestige Levels and Rewards
- Added four new Prestige Levels (20-23) and Prestige Rewards:
- Level 50: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Weapon Blueprint, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 100: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 150: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 190: All Season Challenges Available
- Level 200: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Battle Pass Tier Skip, Master Prestige Calling Card
- Levels 250 – 1,000: New Prestige Key every 50 levels
- New “Dream Crasher” Pistol Weapon Blueprint added to the Prestige Shop.
- New Legacy Calling Cards added to the Prestige Shop, including the Level 50 Animated Calling Card from Black Ops 4.
- Added information to unlocked Calling Cards and Emblems in the Player Identity section of the Barracks that lets players know how the item was unlocked.
- Updated main lobby theming for Season Five.
- Addressed an issue where PlayStation 5 controller haptics would not be disabled when setting Trigger Haptics to Disabled on PC.
- Echelon (6v6)
- New map added to Multiplayer rotation in 6v6 modes.
- Slums (6v6)
- New map added to Multiplayer rotation in 6v6 modes.
- Showroom (2v2, 3v3)
- New map added to Multiplayer rotation in Gunfight and Face Off modes.
- Double Agent
- New mode added to Multiplayer.
- Operatives and the Investigator must find clues and eliminate all Double Agents to win. Double Agents must eliminate all Operatives and the Investigator, or detonate all bombs to win.
- Addressed an issue where health could show as 0 for all players while spectating.
- Search & Destroy
- Addressed an issue where the player could not consistently plant the bomb.
- Multi-Team: Elimination
- The party host can now bring their party back to the lobby if the team has been eliminated from the match.
- New Scorestreak available in Multiplayer.
- 20 new Multiplayer Season Challenges available to be revealed and unlocked with exclusive Calling Card and XP rewards.
- Reveal a new Challenge every 10 Season Levels. Complete all 20 Season Challenges to unlock the Season Five Multiplayer Master Animated Calling Card.
- Dirt Bike
- Wheelie mechanic added in Combined Arms and Multi-Team modes.
- Fade to black before Best Plays will now only occur in Multi-Team modes.
- Double Agent [NEW]
- Echelon 24/7 [NEW]
- Showroom Gunfight [NEW]
- NukeJacked 24/7
- Gunfight (Now includes Showroom)
- Face Off 6v6 (Now includes Showroom)
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Party Games
- Death Perception
- New upgradeable Perk now available in the Der Wunderfizz machine in all round-based maps and Outbreak.
- Obscured enemies are keylined.
- Skill Tier I – Mini-map update rate is increased.
- Skill Tier II – Enemies give danger indicators when behind the player.
- Skill Tier III – Gain 20% more looted Salvage and High-Grade Salvage.
- Skill Tier IV – Increase armor penetration damage by 25%.
- Skill Tier V – Nearby chests, resources, and item drops are keylined through walls.
- Players now take 25% less damage in shadow form.
- Cost has been removed from the Tombstone stash.
- Tesla Storm
- New Field Upgrade now available in all round-based maps and Outbreak.
- For 10 seconds, lightning connects to other players, stunning and damaging normal enemies. Skill Tier I – Double the damage dealt to enemies stunned by Tesla Storm.
- Skill Tier II – Increase the duration to 15 seconds.
- Skill Tier III – Special enemies can be stunned and damaged by Tesla Storm.
- Skill Tier IV – Players generating a field gain 25% increased movement speed.
- Skill Tier V – Elite enemies can be stunned and damaged by Tesla Storm.
- New Flamethrower Support Weapon available in all round-based maps and Outbreak.
- Collateral Region now available.
- Transport Objective added.
- Tank vehicle added to several Regions.
- Grapple Gun added as new Equipment available at the Crafting Table.
- Disciple added to Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue where fire FX were not being applied to Special enemies when using Napalm Burst.
- Addressed an issue where the Mimic could appear to have two overlapping heads.
- New Season Five story Intel added throughout Outbreak.
- Omega Helicopter added.
- Standard Outbreak experience with the option to Warp or Exfil in all Regions.
- 3 Region
- New playlist added. The first two Regions only have the option to Warp, while the third Region will only have the Exfil option.
- “Mauer Der Toten”
- Added a couple of hidden surprises. 😉
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue where the boss could become stuck when players quickly moved to the next arena during the Main Quest boss fight.
- Closed an exploit that allowed infinitely charging and activating the Field Upgrade for the canister during the Main Quest.
- Addressed an issue where the screen was too dark when using the Cruise Missile Support, making it difficult to aim.
- Fixed various stability issues related to Klaus, the Main Quest, and Ammo Caches.
- Addressed an issue where the dials on the safe were not legible when playing at Low or Lowest texture quality settings on PC.
- Lowered max Essence for respawning gamers in round-based maps to 25,000. This will now cap out at Round 25 instead of Round 50.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Bonus Map
- Added Ikari EggXit bonus map to The Wild.
- Echelon added to Onslaught map rotation.
- Added new Dark Aether story Intel to discover in Onslaught.
- Onslaught maps can now be selected when playing in Local.
- 20 new Zombies Season Challenges available to be revealed and unlocked with exclusive Calling Card and XP rewards.
- Reveal a new Challenge every 10 Season Levels. Complete all 20 Season Challenges to unlock the Season 5 Zombies Master Animated Calling Card.
- Addressed an issue where applying a Plan to a weapon that had been Pack-a-Punched to Tier II or III would reset it to Pack-a-Punch Tier I camo.
- Attended to a concern where Blueprint weapon skins were not retained when warping to the next Region in Outbreak.
- Attended to a concern where attachments were being removed from weapons when applying Blueprints with Mule Kick.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region) [NEW]
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Echelon (PlayStation) [NEW]
- Onslaught Accelerated (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.