Carne en Bistec – Colombian Steak with Onions and Tomatoes
Beef enthusiasts, you’ll enjoy this fast Colombian Carne en Bistec steak meal prepared with onions, tomatoes and cumin. The onions and tomatoes develop a delicious sauce which is terrific served over rice.
Carne en Bistec – Colombian Steak
Serve this with an egg on leading and it’s called Bistec a Caballo. My Mommy is Colombian, and made this meal all the time when I was a kid, it was among my favorites! A couple of other Latin dishes I enjoy, Carne Machacada (Cubes Steak with Peppers and Onions) Carne Guisada and Garlic-Lime Marinated Pork Chops.
If I needed to explain Latin food in one word it would be taste and convenience. My good friends and household enjoy when I prepare a few of the Latin meals I matured consuming, for me those meals are my home cooking. Picadillo, Sancocho, Pollo Guisado are all meals that seem like house to me.
You’ll discover variations of this dish in various South and Central American nations and areas. Some carefully slice the tomatoes and onions, some usage scallions in location of onions which is likewise scrumptious. As a kid I utilized to press the onions away, now I simply enjoy them. For me, the egg on top is a should however it’s absolutely optional.
- Have all your components prepped prior to you begin cooking.
- The steaks must be sliced really thin so they prepare quickly.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or sauteed veggies to make it low-carb.
- Sirloin suggestion side steak or London broil is a fantastic choice, it’s additional lean steak with really little marbling. This cut typically requires to be marinaded or cut really thin so that it won’t be difficult. Here is a fantastic referral I like to describe frequently for the 29 lean cuts of beef. If your spending plan allows, purchase lawn fed beef which is lower in hydrogenated fat and cholesterol, and greater in omega-3 fats, which are thought about heart-healthy.
Colombian Carne Bistec – Colombian Steak with Onions and Tomatoes
Beef enthusiasts, you’ll enjoy this fast Colombian Carne en Bistec steak meal prepared with onions, tomatoes and cumin.
- 1-1/2 pounds sirloin suggestion steak, sliced really thin
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced up thin or sliced
- 1 large tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, sliced up thin or sliced
- prepared rice and fried eggs, optional for serving
Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and garlic powder.
Heat a big fry pan till REALLY HOT.
Include 2 tsp of oil then half of the steak and cook less than a minute on each side till browned.
Set steak aside, include another teaspoon of oil and cook staying steak. Reserve.
Lower heat to medium, include another teaspoon of oil and include the onions.
Prepare 2 minutes, till soft then include the tomatoes.
Season with more salt, to taste, about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. Include black pepper and cumin and lower heat to medium-low.
Include 1/4 cup of water and simmer a couple of minutes to develop a sauce, include more water if required and taste change flavoring as required.
Return the steak to the pan along with the drippings, integrate well and eliminate from heat.
Serve over rice or vegetable rice for a low carbohydrate choice with a sunny-side up egg on top.
Serving: 4oz steak with sauce+ onions tomatoes, Calories: 188kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 25.2g, Fat: 7.2g, Hydrogenated Fat: 0.5g, Salt: 49mg, Fiber: 0.7g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 4
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 4
Keywords: Carne Bistec, colombian steak, spanish steak dishes, steak and tomatoes, steak with tomatoes and onions
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.