Breakfast Egg Rolls (Air Fryer or Oven Directions)
These Breakfast Egg Rolls, packed with eggs, sausage, and veggies prepared in the oven or air fryer, are an enjoyable twist on an egg sandwich. Perfect for making ahead and reheating as required.
Breakfast Egg Rolls
These crispy Breakfast Egg Rolls are packed with rushed eggs, chicken sausage (or utilize bacon), green onions, and bell peppers for a various take on an egg sandwich or breakfast taco. I enjoy dipping mine in my preferred salsa. Keep a stash in your freezer, so you constantly have a protein-filled breakfast all set to go. For some more egg roll dishes, have a look at my Pastrami Reuben Egg Rolls, Avocado Egg Rolls, and Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.
How to Prepare Egg Rolls
You can prepare these breakfast egg rolls in an air fryer or oven.
- For the air fryer egg rolls, preheat to 370 degrees and spray the egg rolls with oil. Prepare in batches for 10 minutes, turning midway.
- For the oven, bake for 12 to 16 minutes turning over midway through. Completion outcomes will be golden and crispy egg rolls.
These egg rolls are ideal to make ahead and freeze for later on. You don’t even need to thaw them – simply bake them from frozen.
- Freeze in a freezer-safe bag for as much as 6 months.
- If air frying frozen breakfast egg rolls, cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
- For the oven, bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
Can you freeze egg roll wrappers?
Yes, if you have any remaining egg roll wrappers, you can freeze them. You might wish to put a piece of parchment paper in between each wrapper so that they don’t freeze together.
Breakfast Egg Roll Variations:
- Leave out the sausage to make them vegetarian.
- Switch the sausage for bacon.
- Include shredded cheddar cheese to the eggs.
- If you don’t have any green onions, you can utilize yellow onions.
- Include some fresh diced jalapenos with the sauteed veggies for a little heat.
More Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes:
Breakfast Egg Rolls
- 6 big eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound chicken or turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- olive oil spray
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- salsa, optional for dipping
Beat eggs with water, salt and black pepper.
In a medium nonstick frying pan, cook sausage over medium heat till no longer pink, 4 minutes, burglarizing crumbles; drain.
Stir in scallions and peppers and cook 2 minutes. Reserve on a meal.
Heat the frying pan over medium heat and spray with oil.
Pour in egg mix and cook stirring till eggs are fluffy and prepared. Stir in sausage mix.
Location 1 eggroll wrapper on a tidy, dry work surface area with corners placed like a diamond.
Include 1/4 cup of the egg mix on the bottom 3rd of the wrapper.
Thoroughly raise the bottom point nearby to you and cover it around the filling. Dip your finger into a little bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper.
Fold the left and best corners in towards the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder.
Repeat with staying filling and wrappers.
Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil and rub with your hands to uniformly coat.
Preheat air fryer to 370F.
Prepare egg rolls in batches for 10 minutes, turning midway or till golden brown and crisp.
Serve right away with salsa, if wanted.
Egg Roll Oven Dish:
Bake 400F in a preheated oven 12 to 16 minutes, turning midway.
From frozen, 375F 18 to 20 minutes, turning midway.
Serving: 2egg rolls, Calories: 240kcal, Carbohydrates: 24.5g, Protein: 17.5g, Fat: 8g, Hydrogenated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 221.5mg, Salt: 585mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 6
Purple Smart Points: 4
Keywords: breakfast egg roll, egg rolls
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.