Blackhawks lose to Oilers, winning streak snapped at 4 games
10 observations: Hawks lose as Oilers snap winning streak initially appeared on NBC Sports Chicago
The Blackhawks was up to the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 at Rogers Put On Saturday, ending their winning streak at 4 video games.
Here are 10 observations from the loss:
1. The Blackhawks went 366:41 straight minutes without causing begin the season. They had not tracked in any of the very first 4 video games under interim head coach Derek King, however that streak ended at 255:53 when the Oilers scored the very first objective at the 10:16 mark.
2. The very first 10 minutes of the opening frame were quite even. The last 10 minutes? Not a lot. The Blackhawks had not quit a single objective in the very first duration in their very first 4 video games under interim head coach Derek King however they enabled 4 to the Oilers, consisting of one on the power play and one shorthanded. The Blackhawks entered into a hole method too early.
3. Duncan Keith invested his very first 16 seasons in Chicago, where he won 3 Stanley Cups and won 2 Norris Trophies. He is among the best Blackhawks ever and is a future first-ballot Hall of Famer. He faced his previous group for the very first time and logged 25:06 of ice time, which led all skaters. His season average is 20:16.
4. The Blackhawks enabled just 2 odd-man hurries on Wednesday versus Seattle, according to Sportlogiq. They enabled 3 to Edmonton in the very first duration and 9 overall.
5. Kevin Lankinen got approval in objective for Chicago, which was an unexpected choice after Marc-Andre Fleury came off a strong efficiency in Seattle. Lankinen quit 4 objectives on the very first 13 shots he dealt with prior to turning aside 18 in a row. He reacted well despite the fact that his numbers do not look excellent on the stat sheet.
6. The Oilers have a definitely deadly power play with a success rate of 40.8 percent through their very first 16 video games. They went 1-for-4 and scored 2 shorthanded objectives. It wasn’t a terrific night on unique groups for the Blackhawks.
7. The Oilers rank No. 1 in offending zone belongings time per video game at 7:56. They had 9:32 versus the Blackhawks.
8. An intense area? Alex DeBrincat remained hot. He scored two times to provide himself 11 on the season and likewise extended his point streak to 5 video games. He’s on speed for 53 objectives this season.
9. Caleb Jones and Connor Murphy logged a shift of 4:50 to begin the 2nd duration. They simply could not leave the ice. Jujhar Khaira, Mike Hardman and Dylan Strome were each on the ice for 3:15 also. It didn’t assist that Hardman lost his stick throughout the action.
10. Calvin de Haan did not play due to the fact that of best wrist discomfort. Henrik Borgstrom was likewise a healthy scratch. Brandon Hagel (shoulder) drew back into the lineup after a three-game lack and Mike Hardman returned after missing out on the last contest with a health problem.
Click on this link to follow the Blackhawks Talk Podcast.
Download MyTeams Today!
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.