Bharva Bhindi,How to make Punjabi Bharwa Bhindi
Super simple and really scrumptious packed okra likewise called bharva bhindi is a fantastic meal to take pleasure in with flatbread.
Bharva bhindi or packed okra is a popular north Indian side meal that works out with roti or paratha. I frequently make it as my household is insane for bhindi and they can have bhindi whenever in any kind.
Bharwa bhindi is really simple to make. You simply blend the spice powders, things the bhindi, and shallow fry in little oil. There you have a pleasantly packed okra all set to consume.
Ingredients Needed For Bharva Bhindi
- Bhindi: Fresh ladyfinger/okra cleaned and pat dried. Ensure to dry the okra effectively.
- Spices: A mix of turmeric, coriander, garam masalaa, red chilli powder, and dry mango powder along with salt.
- Oil: To stir fry the bhindi.
How to make Bharva Bhindi?
Action 1. Things the Okra– Mix all the dry spices and salt in a bowl and keep aside. Wash and pat dry okra with the cooking area towel.
Slit Vertically from the center and fill the masala in it with the spoon. Repeat the very same with the staying okra and green cold.
Action 2. Stir fry the Okra– Heat oil in a pan and include the packed okra. Stir-fry for 20 minutes or till the okra softens and crispy. Serve hot with roti or paratha.
Serving Tips and Variations
Serve the bharva bhindi with Chapati, bread, or paratha. For variations you can likewise utilize some little child onions, things them with the spice mix and cook along with the okra.
- Change the spices based on your taste choices. The dish guidelines for spice mix would suffice for around 500 gms of bhindi.
- Ensure to clean and pat dry the okra. If the okra is not dried well it might end up being sticky while cooking.
- Mango powder assists to get rid of the gluey texture of okra, don’t avoid it. If you don’t have mango powder you can include couple of drops of lemon juice while preparing the bhindi.
- You can likewise pack little child onions and include them to the meal along with packed green chilies.
Like Bharva Bhindi, attempt these dishes…
Searching For more such dishes to get some concepts for your lunch or supper? Do not miss my Immediate Wheat Dosa and Lucknowi Kebab and the very best one’s Millets Vada.
*If you ever attempt this dish don’t forget to share your pictures with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or tag me on Instagram @cookingwithsapana utilizing the hashtag #cookingwithsapana and remain linked* I would enjoy to see your developments from my area!!
Bharva Bhindi (Punjabi Stuffed Okra)
Super simple and really scrumptious packed okra aka bharva bhindi is a fantastic meal to take pleasure in with flatbread.
- 500 g okra/bhindi/ladyfinger
- 4 green chilli
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red cold powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoon oil
Mix all the dry spices and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
Wash and pat dry okra with the cooking area towel.
Slit Vertically from the centre and fill the masala in it with the spoon. Repeat the very same with staying okra and green cold.
Heat oil in a pan and include the packed okra. Stir-fry for 20-25 minutes till the okra softens and crispy.
Stir ocassionally to prevent sticking at the bottom of the pan.
Serve hot with roti or paratha.
- Change the spices based on your taste choices.
- Ensure to clean and pat dry the okra.
- Mango powder assists to get rid of the gluey texture of okra, don’t avoid it.
- You can likewise pack little child onions and include them to the meal.
Serving: 1bowlCalories: 183kcalCarbohydrates: 11.8gProtein: 2.9gFat: 14gHydrogenated Fat: 1.8gSalt: 59mgPotassium: 446mgFiber: 4.6gSugar: 2.6gCalcium: 107mgIron: 1mg
This post was initially published in 2013, ever since I have actually upgraded the images and material for much better engagement.
Constantly let me understand how this dish ended up in the remarks listed below. I will be so ecstatic to hear how you served your Bharva Bhindi and please do share your suggestions and techniques with me.
Don’t forget that you can likewise discover me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.