Baby Red Potato Salad (Light on the Mayo)
This Child Red Potato Salad is light on the mayo, it will be your brand-new go-to for summer season Barbeques.
Child Red Potato Salad
I enjoy a great homemade potato salad, and this one is definitely scrumptious, specifically if you’re not a fan of standard potato salad filled with mayo. It utilizes simply one tablespoon of mayo however still has a lot of sauce from the Dijon mustard, olive oil, and red white wine vinegar. And because it utilizes red potatoes, no requirement to peel the potatoes so it’s quicker too! For more lighter potato salad dishes, attempt this Rainbow Potato Salad and Summer Season Potato Salad with Apples.
This healthy red potato salad is my preferred method to take pleasure in potato salad. Red potatoes offer vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, iron, and dietary fiber. They are even greater in fiber when consumed with the skins on.
Should I cut potatoes prior to boiling for potato salad?
Yes, I like to cut my potatoes into pieces that are the exact same size so that they prepare quicker and more equally.
How to make child red potato salad
Potato salad is very easy to make. While your potatoes are boiling, preparation and blend together all of the other active ingredients. Here’s what you’ll require:
- Veggies: Child red potatoes, green bell peppers, red onion, scallions
- Sauce: Dijon mustard, additional virgin olive oil, red white wine vinegar, mayo, salt, and pepper
What to Serve with Potato Salad
This red potato salad is ideal for giving a picnic or BARBEQUE. You can make it the night prior to, so it’s prepared to go. It would be fantastic served with hamburgers, grilled chicken, or sandwiches.
- If you can’t discover child red potatoes, utilize routine red or gold potatoes.
- Sub the green bell pepper with another color pepper or include celery.
- Switch the red onion for shallots.
- Include fresh dill to this potato salad.
More Summer Season Side Dishes You’ll Love:
Child Red Potato Salad
This Child Red Potato Salad is the ideal dinner side, or lunch side for summer season Barbeques or a picnic. It’s light and simple to make with great deals of fresh taste.
- 4 cups child red potatoes, cut in little pieces
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, carefully diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, carefully diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 1/2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon decreased fat mayo
- salt and fresh pepper
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Include potatoes and cook till soft, approx 10 minutes. Drain pipes.
While the potatoes are boiling, integrate red onion, green pepper, mustard, olive oil, vinegar and mayo and season with salt and pepper.
Once the potatoes are done, toss them into the bowl with dressing and include scallions and extra salt and pepper to taste.
Serve space temperature level or cool till prepared to serve.
Serving: 3/4 cups, Calories: 107.2kcal, Carbohydrates: 17.8g, Protein: 2.2g, Fat: 3.2g, Fiber: 2.1g
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green Smart Points: 3
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 3
Keywords: Gluten Free, Vegetarian Meals
Jobber Wiki author Frank Long contributed to this report.